Kalash community celebrates 'Phool festival' in Chitral
The festival marks the reaping of grapes & walnuts harvests. Phool festival is one of the four festivals celebrated every year by the community.
People of the community adorn their heads with flower, singing songs in the local language and perform traditional dances throughout the two-day festival.
Elderly women preparing traditional caps decorated with flowers and put these colourful caps on the head of those young girls who reach to the age of 10 years whereas men and youngsters fully take part in the celebrations.
Tourists from across the country flock to the region to celebrate the Festival.
However, locals complained that dilapidated roads are the biggest problem in the region keeping the tourists away to visit the area.
The federal government has promised to construct the road leading to Bamborat and Rambor and locals hoped that tourists from all over the world will get the chance to witness the festivities if the government address the problems being faced by the people living in the region.
Tourists from China, USA, Scotland, UK and other countries also participated in the festival.
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:25 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore10:49 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion09:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022