Amir Khan urges overseas Pakistanis to help country fight COVID-19
LONDON - The acclaimed British Pakistani boxer Amir Khan has appealed to overseas Pakistanis to help the country during this critical time of the coronavirus pandemic by donating to Prime Minister’s COVID-19 relief fund.
The former world champion took to Instagram and shared his video. He wrote, “Overseas Pakistanis have always been Pakistan's source of strength. I would like all overseas Pakistanis to once again help Pak during this critical time of COVID19 pandemic by donating generously to PM’s COVID Relief Fund.”
Overseas Pakistani have always been Pakistan's source of strength. I would like all overseas Pakistanis to once again help Pak during this critical time of COVID19 pandemic by donating generously to PM’s Covid Relief Fund at https://t.co/0lGUOdtV89 @ImranKhanPTI pic.twitter.com/aXizk8SjDN— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) April 17, 2020
Earlier, Amir Khan had urged high profile UK and Pakistani celebrities and athletes to do their bit in helping the people amid the coronavirus pandemic.
He tweeted, “I urge high profile UK & Pakistan celebrities & sportsmen/women to do their bit in helping the people.”
The boxer himself has announced food for 10,000 Pakistani families and over Rs40 million donations to Pakistan to help fight the novel coronavirus.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan for more news and updates.
- Coronavirus cases soar above 6 million worldwide11:28 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Latest pics of Nawaz Sharif, having coffee in London, take Twitter by ...09:57 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Pakistan makes face masks mandatory amid record daily deaths from ...09:07 PM | 30 May, 2020
- PAF officer, who died in PIA plane crash, laid to rest in Karachi08:19 PM | 30 May, 2020
- First Covid-19 death reported among KP nurses07:20 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020