BAP's Jam Kamal Khan elected CM Balochistan
Jam defeated Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal’s Mir Yunas Aziz Zehri by securing 39 votes in the house. As many as 59 lawmakers exercised their right to vote out of a total strength of 65.
Newly-elected Balochistan Assembly Speaker Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo chaired the session to elect the provincial chief minister.
The BAP president had the support of allied parties while Zehri had been nominated by MMA and BNP Mengal.
The new chief minister would take an oath of his office at Governor House in Quetta at 5 pm on Sunday.
Kamal is the third person from his family to be elected as Balochistan chief minister after his grandfather, Jam Mir Ghulam Qadir Khan and father Jam Mir Mohammad Yousuf served the province in the same capacity.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Zayn Malik wins hearts by donating huge sum to little girl needing ...11:59 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Bangladesh cricket team lands in Lahore to play T-20 series against ...11:05 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- I absolutely do not endorse the concepts and viewpoints of Mr Khalil ...03:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Taylor Swift reveals mother's brain tumor diagnosis03:12 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019