BAP's Jam Kamal Khan elected CM Balochistan
Jam defeated Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal’s Mir Yunas Aziz Zehri by securing 39 votes in the house. As many as 59 lawmakers exercised their right to vote out of a total strength of 65.
Newly-elected Balochistan Assembly Speaker Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo chaired the session to elect the provincial chief minister.
The BAP president had the support of allied parties while Zehri had been nominated by MMA and BNP Mengal.
The new chief minister would take an oath of his office at Governor House in Quetta at 5 pm on Sunday.
Kamal is the third person from his family to be elected as Balochistan chief minister after his grandfather, Jam Mir Ghulam Qadir Khan and father Jam Mir Mohammad Yousuf served the province in the same capacity.
- Fire erupts in Punjab Bar Council01:37 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019