BAP's Jam Kamal Khan elected CM Balochistan
Jam defeated Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal’s Mir Yunas Aziz Zehri by securing 39 votes in the house. As many as 59 lawmakers exercised their right to vote out of a total strength of 65.
Newly-elected Balochistan Assembly Speaker Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo chaired the session to elect the provincial chief minister.
The BAP president had the support of allied parties while Zehri had been nominated by MMA and BNP Mengal.
The new chief minister would take an oath of his office at Governor House in Quetta at 5 pm on Sunday.
Kamal is the third person from his family to be elected as Balochistan chief minister after his grandfather, Jam Mir Ghulam Qadir Khan and father Jam Mir Mohammad Yousuf served the province in the same capacity.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020