‘Heroic rescue’ – PIA all praise for Airbus pilot for dealing with crisis-like situation at Kabul Airport
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan International Airlines Chief Executive Officer Arshad Malik has commended flight captain Maqsood Bajrani who took a risky decision when things began to spiral out of control at the Kabul International Airport amid Taliban takeover.
In a letter issued by the administration of the national flight carrier, Bajrani along with the crew of Airbus A320 were appreciated for their ‘heroic rescue’ at the Kabul airport.
Chief Executive Officer of Pakistan International Airlines Arshad Malik while commending the pilot said “In a crisis situation, the use of understanding, experience, and skills is a sign of a real professional”.
'Bajrani exhibited valor & professionalism while maintaining full situational awareness, PIA thanks him and feels proud', Airline wrote in a recent tweet.
CEO #PIA @ammalik76yahoo1 & Capt Maqsood Bijrani all smiles after the heroic endeavour by the Capt to safely bring the flt back from #Kabul after situation got worse. He exhibited valour & professionalism while maintaining full situational awareness. PIA thanks him & feels proud pic.twitter.com/unBFicIjQs— PIA (@Official_PIA) August 18, 2021
On Sunday, the PIA pilot who was at Kabul airport, with a mission to safely bring back stranded 170 people including diplomats, was waiting for a green signal from the air traffic control to depart, when charged mob flocked at the runway in an attempt to escape the Taliban rule.
Flights grounded amid deadly chaos at Kabul ... 05:35 PM | 16 Aug, 2021
At least ten people were killed and around a dozen injured after chaos spiralled at the Kabul airport as hundreds of ...
Following the chaos and panic, an unusual announcement was made by the air traffic control which directed all pilots to take their own decisions.
Meanwhile, the PIA pilot prepared for take-off without a moment's delay, right behind fighter jets that took off just then.
The distressed crew then got relaxed when Bajrani informed them that they had entered Pakistan. The plane later landed at Islamabad International Airport at about 7:10 pm.
PIA set to operate Kabul flights to evacuate ... 01:09 PM | 17 Aug, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) announced to resume its flight operations for the Afghan capital ...
- Pakistan Army’s focus stays on enhancing standard functionality ...10:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Young army officer’s murder remains shrouded in mystery09:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- COVID cases dip as Pakistan sees 706 new infections, 9 deaths09:11 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 October 202108:41 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021