Afghanistan fires corrupt cops at Pakistan embassy in Kabul
“Following complaints by our compatriots and reports by surveillance teams, the entire police personnel at Pakistan embassy were dismissed by the Interior Ministry leadership,” Nasrat Rahimi, deputy spokesman for Interior Ministry, was quoted by Pajhwok Afghan News as saying.
The spokesman added that simple-hearted people will be appointed as replacement to facilitate visa application process at the embassy.
The three dismissed police personnel from embassy protection battalion belong to the 01 unit of the Afghan national police, according to Kabul police spokesman.
It was not yet determined whether the suspended personnel would continue their duties in police ranks or not. But after a comprehensive investigation, their cases would be handed over to judicial organs, the police spokesman added.
- Pakistan Navy thwarts Indian submarine’s intrusion bid: ISPR (VIDEO)02:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bill Gates was warned against sending ‘flirty’ emails to a female ...01:34 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto reveals her son's name09:41 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021