CTD arrests Afghan terrorist involved in blast outside Peshawar High Court
PESHAWAR – The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has arrested an Afghan terrorist from the capital city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Radio Pakistan reported on Wednesday.
The terrorist, Ikram Ullah was involved in remote control rickshaw bomb blast in Peshawar earlier this week.
Earlier, the city police had arrested a rickshaw driver in injured condition before shifting him to an undisclosed place for further investigation.
Police sources said the bomb that exploded outside the court on Monday had been planted in rickshaw of the suspect arrested in the Peshawar raid. At least 11 people, including a policeman, had been injured in the explosion.
About five to six kilogrammes of explosive material was used in the blast, according to City Police Officer Muhammad Ali Gandapur.
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 247,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,157 confirmed ...09:03 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange returns to regular operational hours on Monday08:48 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- No more announced load shedding in Karachi from tomorrow, says Asad ...08:09 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Feroze Khan celebrates his 30th birthday03:10 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020