CTD arrests Afghan terrorist involved in blast outside Peshawar High Court
PESHAWAR – The Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) has arrested an Afghan terrorist from the capital city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the Radio Pakistan reported on Wednesday.
The terrorist, Ikram Ullah was involved in remote control rickshaw bomb blast in Peshawar earlier this week.
Earlier, the city police had arrested a rickshaw driver in injured condition before shifting him to an undisclosed place for further investigation.
Police sources said the bomb that exploded outside the court on Monday had been planted in rickshaw of the suspect arrested in the Peshawar raid. At least 11 people, including a policeman, had been injured in the explosion.
About five to six kilogrammes of explosive material was used in the blast, according to City Police Officer Muhammad Ali Gandapur.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019