Pakistan increases tax on mobile phone recharge
KARACHI – The federal government has decided to charge 15 percent withholding tax on every prepaid mobile phone recharge.
Reports said that consumers will have to pay Rs9.03 withholding tax on recharge of Rs100.
Meanwhile, cellular companies have announced charging consumers additional taxes. Following the development, consumers will get a net balance of Rs86.03 instead of Rs90.91.
The move will help the government to generate additional revenue of Rs43 billion, Geo News reported.
Gold price drops by Rs200 per tola in Pakistan 08:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
KARACHI – The price of gold in Pakistan dropped by Rs200 per tola on Monday to close at Rs125,000 per tola. The ...
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022