Pakistan remembers war hero MM Alam on his 7th death anniversary
ISLAMABAD - The seventh death anniversary of the hero of Indo-Pak War of September 1965 Air Commodore M.M Alam is being observed today (Wednesday).
Air Commodore M M Alam was awarded with the third highest military award of Sitara-e-Jurat for his dauntless and chivalrous contributions during the 1965 war.
He, with his F-86 Sabre downed five Indian Air Force aircraft in 1 minute during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, all five aircraft are Hawker Hunter aircraft on one sortie.
During the war of 1965, he destroyed 11 Indian Air force (IAF) jets nine were shot down while two were partially damaged.
Nations recognized his contribution and extra ordinary skills and awarded MM Alam with the titles such as ‘Falcon’ and ‘Little Dragon’.
M M Alam breathed his last on this day in 2013.
- Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal ...07:18 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight05:48 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- 'Pakistan within three weeks to start manufacturing its own ...05:45 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- CM Buzdar orders all schools to slash fee by 20% for April & May04:50 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Salman Ahmad goes into self-quarantine after showing coronavirus ...03:49 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Danish Taimoor writes an appreciation note for the women in his life03:44 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- In rare address, Queen Elizabeth says UK 'we will succeed' in fight03:37 PM | 6 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019