Nana Patekar not given clean chit by the police, says Tanushree Dutta lawyer
While the case against Nana has gone quiet in recent months, Dutta's lawyer Nitin Satpute has come forward to say that the silence should not be considered as evidence of Patekar's innocence.
Speaking to the press recently, the lawyer claimed that Nana's team is using unethical means to hinder the investigation. According to NDTV, he said that he is trying to "mislead" the investigation and "intimidate" witnesses:
"[The rumor] is also meant to put some pressure on the investigation agencies. They have put obstacles in the investigation and are trying to mislead the police agency. For that purpose we are going to move an application seeking action against Nana Patekar and four other accused," he said.
"10-15 witnesses' statements were recorded. We have an audio statement of one of the key witnesses. We have an audio recording which we will present before the police at the appropriate time," he added.
He also dismissed speculations that Nana has been cleared of the harassment charges.
He said, "No clean chit has been given by the police. No summary report or charge sheet has been filed against the accused person (Nana Patekar). The FIR was registered against four people on October 10, 2018, under Section 354. Thereafter, the accused persons lost their jobs. So deliberately they are spreading these rumours to get sympathy and work in the industry."
Have more to add to the story?Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in another terror attack from inside ...09:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 01 October 202208:32 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- TikTok removes 113 million videos to protect minors on the platform11:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022