Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program to be launched today for those rendered jobless due to COVID-19
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will launch the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program for those rendered jobless due to coronavirus today (Monday).
Over three billion rupees have so far been collected in the Corona Relief Fund. On the instructions of the prime minister, the government will contribute four rupees for every rupee donated to the fund, reports Radio Pakistan.
Donations to the relief fund as well as the release of funds from it are being done in a transparent manner.
Earlier, PM Khan had launched a portal under Ehsaas Cash Programme to help people who lost their jobs amid coronavirus.
The premier also said that those who have lost their jobs because of lockdown measures can register themselves on ehsaaslabour.nadra.gov.pk to avail a stipend worth PKR 12, 000. During the briefing, he directed the volunteers and Tiger Force to help people during the registration process.
He further explained that the registrations will be analyzed and the amount will be given to the qualified people. He assured that the assistance will be provided entirely on merit basis without political interference.
Furthermore, Imran Khan also said that Rs. 81 billion have been distributed to 6.8 million deserving people under Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme.
- UN Head calls for avoiding steps that will escalate tensions between ...09:45 AM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 80,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,688 confirmed ...09:32 AM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Six students killed after roof of madrassa collapsed in Miranshah09:11 AM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Asad Umar directs chief secretaries to provide implementation plan ...08:29 AM | 3 Jun, 2020
- PPP Senator Maula Bakhsh Chandio, family members contract coronavirus11:46 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari responds to backlash regarding his second marriage ...01:06 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Sakina Samo, Rubina Ashraf test positive for coronavirus12:18 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, and others participate in Black Lives ...11:58 AM | 2 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020