Pakistan Railways to resume operation partially from May 20
RAWALPINDI – Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed announced on Monday that train operation will be resumed from May 20 (Wednesday) partially.
Addressing a news conference in Islamabad, he said 15 each up and down trains will be run from Wednesday to 31st of this month. He said limited train operation will be started amid strict observance of Standard Operating Procedure enabling people to celebrate Eid with their loved ones.
The Minister said emergency has been declared at Karachi, Multan, Lahore, Rawalpindi, and Quetta stations to ensure that no irrelevant person, except passengers with valid booking can enter the premises. He said those, who have not yet got their booking confirmed can book their seats if available, Radio Pakistan reported.
Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said more trains can be allowed to operate if a COVID-19 pandemic situation permits.
He said the decision to resume full operation of the train service will be taken after observing the overall situation of pandemic and people's compliance with SOPs.
Responding to a question, he clarified that there is no age limit for the passengers.
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020