Robber steals bike from court minutes after getting bail
KARACHI – Police in Sindh capital have arrested a man who stole a motorbike from the court premises after he secured bail in a robbery case last month.
In a picture grab of CCTV footage is doing rounds on the internet, the unidentified young man can be seen moving a bike out of a parking stand in the court’ premises.
Soon after he made escape, he was nabbed by the Anti Vehicle Lifting Cell (AVLC) of the Sindh Police.
Earlier this year, a report by Citizen-Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) revealed that 90 bikes are being stolen, snatched every day in Karachi.
According to statistics compiled by the CPLC, overall 191 four-wheelers were either snatched or stolen from the city during January. The authorities remained successful in recovering only 285 bikes.
As many as 2,546 two-wheelers were stolen while 151 others snatched at gunpoint in December. Out of the total snatched and stolen bikes, 395 were recovered.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021