Robber steals bike from court minutes after getting bail
KARACHI – Police in Sindh capital have arrested a man who stole a motorbike from the court premises after he secured bail in a robbery case last month.
In a picture grab of CCTV footage is doing rounds on the internet, the unidentified young man can be seen moving a bike out of a parking stand in the court’ premises.
Soon after he made escape, he was nabbed by the Anti Vehicle Lifting Cell (AVLC) of the Sindh Police.
Earlier this year, a report by Citizen-Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) revealed that 90 bikes are being stolen, snatched every day in Karachi.
According to statistics compiled by the CPLC, overall 191 four-wheelers were either snatched or stolen from the city during January. The authorities remained successful in recovering only 285 bikes.
As many as 2,546 two-wheelers were stolen while 151 others snatched at gunpoint in December. Out of the total snatched and stolen bikes, 395 were recovered.
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Ex-SC judge to hear Umar Akmal’s appeal against PCB ban05:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,519 confirmed ...05:46 PM | 31 May, 2020
- E-Exhibition in the time of COVID-1905:33 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Al Aqsa mosque reopens after two months of closure over coronavirus05:12 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020