Hasan, Imam lead Pakistan to ODI series win over Sri Lanka
ABU DHABI - Debutant Imam-ul-Haq scored a century and propelled Pakistan to a comfortable win against Sri Lanka in the third ODI at Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
A brilliant century by Imam, who scored 100 off 124 balls, set the stage for Pakistan to win the five-match ODI series 3-0.
Pakistan were off to a steady start and reached the 50-run mark without the loss of any wickets in the third ODI at Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.
Openers Imam-ul-Haq and Fakhar Zaman were putting runs up on the board in a steady fashion and looked comfortable at the crease
During the first innings, energetic seamer Hasan Ali became the quickest player to reach 50 one-day international wickets for Pakistan as Sri Lanka were dismissed for 208.
The 23-year-old took a career-best 5-34 and was ably assisted by leg-spinner Shadab Khan (2-37) as Sri Lanka, who won the toss and batted, lost their last nine wickets for only 106 runs.
Hasan, who had given Pakistan the early breakthrough with Dickwella's wicket, removed Chamara Kapugedera (18), Milinda Siriwardana (two) and Jeffrey Vandersay (nought) to complete 50 wickets in his 24th ODI.
The previous record was held by legendary paceman Waqar Younis, who took 27 ODIs to reach the mark. Hasan's previous best bowling figures were 5-38 against the West Indies in Guyana earlier this year.
Earlier, Sri Lanka won the toss and opted to bat first against Pakistan in the third One-Day International (ODI) being played at Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Pakistan have made two changes; Ahmed Shehzad and Imad Wasim have been left out for Imam-ul-Haq and Fahim Ashraf. For Sri Lanka, Dushmantha Chameera is in and Chamara Kapugedara. Kusal Mendis has been dropped.
Which TV channel will telecast 3rd ODI live?
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI will be broadcast live on PTV Sports and Ten Sports. Sony Ten network from 4:00pm IST with the toss and subsequent coverage.
How do I live stream Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI?
The match will be live streamed on en.dailypakistan.com.pk
Pakistan: Sarfraz Ahmed (capt), Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Rumman Raees, Junaid Khan
Sri Lanka: Upul Tharanga (capt), Dinesh Chandimal, Niroshan Dickwella, Lahiru Thirimanne, Chamara Kapugedara, Milinda Siriwardana, Thisara Perera, Lahiru Gamage, Dushmantha Chameera, Akila Dananjaya, Jeffrey Vandersay
Umpires: Sundaram Ravi (IND) and Ahsan Raza (PAK)
Tv umpire: Richard Kettleborough (ENG)
ICC match referee: Andy Pycroft (ZIM)
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 January 202108:42 AM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto's mehndi function kicks off today11:59 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar gets a special wedding gift from Asif Zardari10:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Developer bringing Paris to Pakistan with replica of French city ...10:04 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's one-man commission to probe Broadsheet scandal09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Asia Argento accuses Fast & Furious director of sexual assault09:32 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Danyal Zafar set to make his TV debut08:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Shraddha Kapoor to marry a celebrity photographer?09:12 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021