Noted journalist and poet Dr Ajmal Niazi passes away in Lahore
LAHORE – Renowned poet, journalist, and educationist Dr. Ajmal Niazi breathed his last at the age of 75.
Reports in local media said Dr. Ajmal passes away in the wee hours of Monday. His funeral will be offered today at 4.30 pm at Wahdat Colony.
Journalist fraternity and politicians have expressed condolences over the death of the Pakistani intellectual.
Born in the Musakhel area of Mianwali, the deceased was the chairman of Umme Nusrat Foundation. Niazi was best known for his columns for leading Urdu daily Nawa-i-Waqt. He spent 45 years in the service of literature, and wrote poetry in Urdu and Punjabi.
His works include Jal Thal, Mohammad-ud-Din Fauq, Be Niaziyan, Mihrab in the Temple, and Hameed Nizami's biography.
He also served as a lecturer in Gordon College Rawalpindi, Government College Mianwali, Government College Lahore, and Forman Christian College Lahore.
Dr. Niazi was also awarded ‘Sitara-e-Imtiaz’ by the government of Pakistan for his dignified services.
Literary genius Haseena Moin passes away at 79 08:43 AM | 26 Mar, 2021
KARACHI – Famous Pakistani dramatist, playwright, and scriptwriter Haseena Moin has breathed her last on ...
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021