Kashmir dispute can’t be solved by use of force: FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reiterated that Kashmir dispute cannot be solved by the use of force.
In a statement in Islamabad today (Friday), he said strategy of India, which has been using force against the Kashmiri people for the past seven decades, has totally failed.
The Foreign Minister said India tried to use force to gag the voice of the Kashmiris through draconian laws and restrictions. There is no precedent of the atrocities that have been committed in Indian illegally occupied Kashmir since August 5 last year.
He made it clear that India cannot succeed in resolving the dispute by these atrocities, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the Kashmiri people bury their martyrs in Pakistan's national flag, which proves that they have not accepted Indian steps.
The Foreign Minister recalled his recent bilateral meetings on sidelines of the ECO meeting, during which he drew attention of the world towards unresolved Kashmir issue.
He said Prime Minister Imran Khan will talk on Kashmir issue during his address in upcoming session of UN General Assembly.
- Students can apply for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarships till Oct 3006:40 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Captain Safdar controversy — Sindh IGP goes on vacations, other ...06:20 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan decides to curtail powers of CPEC Authority chairman05:55 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Shehbaz Sharif remanded to jail for another 14 days, will be kept in ...04:56 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan reports 14 new deaths, 625 fresh cases of COVID-1904:29 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Mahira Khan shares a heartfelt tribute for mom's birthday02:14 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Hailey Baldwin got a new ring finger tattoo for Justin Bieber12:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- #PolishedMan: Celebs participate in promoting a safe environment for ...10:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- FIR lodged against PDM‘s Gujranwala organisers10:26 AM | 20 Oct, 2020