Modi-led India targeting Muslims to divert backlash over COVID-19 policy: Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Sunday said that Narendra Modi’s government was violently targeting the Indian Muslims deliberately to divert the backlash of its policy on COVID-19 pandemic.
In a tweet, the Pakistani prime minister said the Modi government’s policy on coronavirus had left thousands stranded and hungry.
The deliberate & violent targeting of Muslims in India by Modi Govt to divert the backlash over its COVID19 policy, which has left thousands stranded & hungry, is akin to what Nazis did to Jews in Gerrmany. Yet more proof of the racist Hindutva Supremacist ideology of Modi Govt.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) April 19, 2020
“The deliberate & violent targeting of Muslims in India by Modi Govt to divert the backlash over its COVID19 policy, which has left thousands stranded & hungry, is akin to what Nazis did to Jews in Germany,” he remarked.
He said that this was yet another proof of the racist Hindutva supremacist ideology of the Modi government.
Separately, Pakistan's President Dr Arif Alvi said that instead of providing them basic health facilities, the dirty priority of the Indian government is to suppress the people of Occupied Kashmir.
The dirty priority of the Indian Govt is to suppress the people of Indian Occupied Kashmir. Their soldiers have carried out this primary task through heinous brutalization, torture & suppression. With more than 95K innocent killed since 1989 these numbers shout out to the world. pic.twitter.com/2dQVrrCogW— Dr. Arif Alvi (@ArifAlvi) April 19, 2020
In a tweet today, he said Indian soldiers have carried out this primary task through heinous brutalization, torture and suppression.
According to an Indian media report, Kashmir has one ventilator for every 71,000 people, one doctor for 3,900 people but one armed soldier for every nine people.
- Hafeez Sheikh vows to provide maximum relief to masses in upcoming ...11:55 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Tensions b/w China & India escalated after frequent skirmishes in ...11:38 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Another 176 Pakistanis stranded in India to return home today10:05 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan welcomes UN Chief’s remarks stressing need to counter ...08:50 AM | 27 May, 2020
- Nida Yasir confirms testing positive for coronavirus06:38 PM | 26 May, 2020
- ‘Diriliş: Ertuğrul’ producer wishes to collaborate with Pakistan06:08 PM | 26 May, 2020
- Ira’s Dessertry: A world full of flavours and fillings03:40 PM | 26 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020