Pakistan rejects India’s deliberate attempts of pre-poll rigging in occupied Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan categorically rejected the deliberate Indian attempts of pre-poll rigging and overt manipulation in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu & Kashmir (IIOJK).
The latest announcement of permitting even temporary residents in the occupied territory, including outside workforce and security personnel, to register as “voters” is a clear manifestation of the treacherous Indian design to influence the outcome of ‘so-called’ elections in the IIOJK, said FO spokesperson Asim Iftikhar in a statement.
Pakistan reiterates its complete rejection of India’s entire litany of steps aimed at turning the Muslim majority in IIOJK into a minority — including the formulation of the so-called ‘Delimitation’ Commission and its baseless report, the issuance of fake Kashmiri domiciles to millions of outsiders, and changes in the property laws. Despite its reprehensible measures that have followed the illegal and unilateral actions of 5 August 2019, India will not be able to break the will of the Kashmiri people or to mislead the world community.
The government of India must desist from all actions in the IIOJK that violate the international law, the UN Charter, and the 4th Geneva Convention. India must also release all political prisoners detained on trumped-up charges, halt human rights violations in the IIOJK, lift the brutal military siege, and let the Kashmiris exercise their legitimate right to self-determination as stipulated in the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
Pakistan also calls upon the international community to take immediate cognizance of the blatant Indian attempts at effecting illegal demographic changes in the IIOJK and to hold India to account.
India troops kill four youth in occupied Kashmir ... 11:21 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
SRINAGAR – Indian troops martyred four another youth in illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam ...
- Jinnah Sindh Medical University professor beaten up by students over ...02:47 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Islamabad court issues arrest warrants for Ayaz Amir, his wife in ...02:15 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- At UN, Pakistan slams Indian sponsorship of militancy and aggression ...01:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Top Army officers to get tax relief on import of bulletproof vehicles ...01:15 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- ‘Joint Venture’ provides free of cost legal assistance to ...12:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Fiza Ali shares story of her struggle in showbiz11:46 PM | 23 Sep, 2022
- Abrar ul Haq tells how he fell in love with his school principal11:39 PM | 23 Sep, 2022
- Shaan, Sarmad Khoosat and Khalilur Rehman Qamar gear up for upcoming ...09:38 PM | 23 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022