Sonu Nigam clarifies statement regarding his desire to be from Pakistan
The singer clarified that his basic point had to do with how concert remunerations work in India, and how Pakistani singers were given undue advantage. He also said that it had unnecessarily been reduced to a controversial statement.
He shared that music companies waive off 40-50% fees for non-Indian singers, but do not extend the same courtesy to Indian singers.
He took to Facebook adding that the real content has been missed. His post read, “Sometimes in an attempt to make headlines catchy and sensational, some journalists miss the real content. Yesterday's Aajtak Summit happened so amazing, and look what have they reduced it to..."
His post further read, "My point about being better off being born in Pakistan was about the music companies in India asking Indian singers to pay 40-50% of their concerts remunerations to them, and only then they'll work with those artists.. but they don't ask the same from the singers from abroad, namely Pakistan..!
Here is the post:
The singer, who received major social media backlash for his comment, added that the important point got lost in the noise.
Have anything to add? Share with us in the comments below.
- Maya Ali silences body-shamers in latest viral video04:02 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Policeman dies, passerby injured in Peshawar grenade attack03:01 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021