Sonu Nigam clarifies statement regarding his desire to be from Pakistan
The singer clarified that his basic point had to do with how concert remunerations work in India, and how Pakistani singers were given undue advantage. He also said that it had unnecessarily been reduced to a controversial statement.
He shared that music companies waive off 40-50% fees for non-Indian singers, but do not extend the same courtesy to Indian singers.
He took to Facebook adding that the real content has been missed. His post read, “Sometimes in an attempt to make headlines catchy and sensational, some journalists miss the real content. Yesterday's Aajtak Summit happened so amazing, and look what have they reduced it to..."
His post further read, "My point about being better off being born in Pakistan was about the music companies in India asking Indian singers to pay 40-50% of their concerts remunerations to them, and only then they'll work with those artists.. but they don't ask the same from the singers from abroad, namely Pakistan..!
Here is the post:
The singer, who received major social media backlash for his comment, added that the important point got lost in the noise.
Have anything to add? Share with us in the comments below.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 June 202108:27 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh dies at 91 from Covid-19 complications01:25 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021