Paperless driving license issuing system goes live in Rawalpindi
RAWALPINDI - Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) in collaboration with Central Police Office Rawalpindi has launched for the first time a paperless driving license issuance system to facilitate citizens.
It is a major step towards automation, where citizens can apply for driving license (renewal & learners) through a one-window facility. The applicants only have to bring their original National ID card (CNIC) and fee and do not need to bring their photos, tickets or filled up forms.
While chairing the progress review meeting, Chairman PITB Mr Azfar Manzoor said that the new system would help ensure transparency, prevent fake licenses and minimize the influence of agent mafia. The system has been launched in Rawalpindi district and will be introduced in other districts of Punjab soon, he added.
The meeting was attended by Director General, IT-Operations, Mr Faisal Yousaf & other senior officials.
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan allows second consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav05:18 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020