PCB issues coronavirus test reports of all players
LAHORE - The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Wednesday confirmed it conducted 128 COVID-19 tests on the players, support staff, match officials, broadcasters and team owners on Tuesday, 17 March, and all results have turned out to be negative.
The tests were conducted as part of the PCB’s duty of care, following a suspect COVID-19 case.
Additionally, Multan Sultans underwent 17 COVID-19 tests on Monday, 16 March, which were also negative.
PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “It was absolutely critical for the integrity and credibility of the HBL Pakistan Super League and the Pakistan Cricket Board that all players, support personnel, broadcasters and match officials, those who had decided to stay back till the end of the tournament, tested negative for COVID-19.
“In this background, the PCB is pleased with the outcome of the results and happy that all these players and officials have rejoined their families without any health and safety doubts or concerns.
“The PCB will continue to put in place precautionary measures to better safeguard the health of its employees.
“I urge cricket fans and followers to exercise absolute caution and value their as well as others’ wellbeing. They can overcome this pandemic by maintaining hygiene, avoiding close physical contact like handshaking and hugs, staying away from gatherings, avoiding close contact when anyone who is experiencing cough and fever, and spreading awareness about safety measures.
“The PCB prays normalcy returns quickly to our society so that playing fields can once again witness resumption of healthy activities.”
Meanwhile, all the 25 remaining foreign players, support staff and match officials have already departed for their respective destinations.
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:00 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:55 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TCL Pakistan debuts expanded range of QLED TVs featuring Quantum ...08:37 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa makes young cancer patient's dream come true08:31 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TECNO’s #GiveMe5withSpark5 challenge breaks a record of 100M views ...07:44 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020