Pakistan Army to deploy another division for CPEC security
ISLAMABAD – The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is a living example of the deep-rooted friendship between the two countries and Pakistan is fully determined to ensure the security of the project, Pakistani military spokesperson told Chinese media this week.
Talking about the security measures taken by the army to protect the CPEC, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general Major General Asif Ghafoor said that the Pakistani military has raised a whole division-sized force to ensure the security of the CPEC, and they are planning to deploy another division for this purpose.
Ghafoor told Xinhua that the South Asian country faced a very challenging war against terrorism during the last two decades, and now the security situation is under control.
DG ISPR Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor had interview with Chinese correspondents. He said, Pakistan is doing its best, the security situation has been greatly improved. Though there are a few sporadic terrorist incidents, investors should keep their trust intact in peace. @OfficialDGISPR pic.twitter.com/DgJXCJO91X— Lijian Zhao 赵立坚 (@zlj517) May 17, 2019
Talking about the CPEC's role in the country, the military’s spokesman said that economic prosperity brought by the CPEC will fail the motives of terrorists as with the success of CPEC, more employment and business opportunities will be unveiled and with more economic opportunities coming in, people's lifestyle will improve and inimical elements will fail gradually.
"The security condition of Balochistan got better since the launch of the CPEC in Balochistan, now there is better infrastructure, many Chinese projects are underway there, and with every coming day, security, development and investment situation will get better in the province. Today's Gwadar is not what it used to be two years ago and, in the future, it will be on par with ports of developed countries," he said.
Special Security Division formed to guard CPEC ... 11:36 AM | 22 Jan, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has established a Special Security Division for the security of the multi-billion dollar ...
Briefing about the investment opportunities in Pakistan, Ghafoor said that Pakistan is doing its best to create an environment where investors can come and do their business as the security situation has been greatly improved.
Though there are a few sporadic terrorist incidents, but investors should not be discouraged from these rare attacks and keep their trust intact in peace, Ghafoor noted.
- Pakistan surpasses 254,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,357 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TECNO’s #GiveMe5withSpark5 challenge breaks a record of 100M views ...07:44 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- China has 440 million licensed drivers07:36 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- China announces firm support for Iran nuclear deal07:16 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UK bans China's Huawei from 5G network, pleasing Trump06:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020