Pakistan Army to deploy another division for CPEC security
ISLAMABAD – The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is a living example of the deep-rooted friendship between the two countries and Pakistan is fully determined to ensure the security of the project, Pakistani military spokesperson told Chinese media this week.
Talking about the security measures taken by the army to protect the CPEC , Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general Major General Asif Ghafoor said that the Pakistani military has raised a whole division-sized force to ensure the security of the CPEC , and they are planning to deploy another division for this purpose.
Ghafoor told Xinhua that the South Asian country faced a very challenging war against terrorism during the last two decades, and now the security situation is under control.
DG ISPR Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor had interview with Chinese correspondents. He said, Pakistan is doing its best, the security situation has been greatly improved. Though there are a few sporadic terrorist incidents, investors should keep their trust intact in peace. @OfficialDGISPR pic.twitter.com/DgJXCJO91X— Lijian Zhao 赵立坚 (@zlj517) May 17, 2019
Talking about the CPEC 's role in the country, the military’s spokesman said that economic prosperity brought by the CPEC will fail the motives of terrorists as with the success of CPEC , more employment and business opportunities will be unveiled and with more economic opportunities coming in, people's lifestyle will improve and inimical elements will fail gradually.
"The security condition of Balochistan got better since the launch of the CPEC in Balochistan, now there is better infrastructure, many Chinese projects are underway there, and with every coming day, security, development and investment situation will get better in the province. Today's Gwadar is not what it used to be two years ago and, in the future, it will be on par with ports of developed countries," he said.
Special Security Division formed to guard CPEC ... 11:36 AM | 22 Jan, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has established a Special Security Division for the security of the multi-billion dollar ...
Briefing about the investment opportunities in Pakistan , Ghafoor said that Pakistan is doing its best to create an environment where investors can come and do their business as the security situation has been greatly improved.
Though there are a few sporadic terrorist incidents, but investors should not be discouraged from these rare attacks and keep their trust intact in peace, Ghafoor noted.
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019