Capt Safdar released on bail after violating sanctity of Quaid mausoleum
KARACHI - Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Nawaz has said that her husband Captain (retd) Safdar Awan has been granted bail.
Maryam Nawaz says that Captain (r) Safdar and I will return from Karachi to Lahore.
Referring to Maryam Aurangzeb on her husband's bail, the PML-N vice-president said that a party spokesperson had told her that Captain (r) Saddar had been released.
Captain Safdar inside the court room building pic.twitter.com/ZWBJogOrpb— Mansoor Ali Khan (@_Mansoor_Ali) October 19, 2020
He was arrested by the Brigade police station from a local hotel room this morning. The lawsuit against Safdar includes death threats, damage to government property, and a violation of the Mazar-e-Quaid Act.
It may be mentioned that a case of desecration of Mazar-e-Quaid was registered against 200 persons including Captain (retd) Safdar on the complaint of citizen Waqas on Sunday.
- Multiple causalities feared after ‘large explosion’ at UK ...07:43 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Over 50 arrested for violating COVID-19 SOPs at Peshawar metro ...06:57 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Nobel laureate Malala joins TikTok for a noble cause02:52 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020