Ayyan's request to conduct early hearing of contempt plea rejected
ISLAMABAD (Staff report) – Supreme Court of Pakistan (SCP) has rejected model Ayyan Ali’s request to conduct early hearing of contempt of court plea.
The model’s councel Latif Khosa had filed a contempt of court plea in the SC against Interior Ministry and authorities concerned for not omitting her name from Exit Control List (ECL).
Ayyan had requested to hold the hearing on April 20 but the court directed to conduct it next week.
Last week, Supreme Court had rejected Interior Ministry’s and customs authorities’ pleas challenging Sindh High Court’s (SHC) decision.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020