Imran Khan leaves palatial PM House forever to stay at military secretary's residence
ISLAMABAD - Amid repeated pledges of austerity, the newly-elected Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday moved to the residence of the military secretary from where he will run state affairs during his tenure, local media reported.
The military secretary's residence is located in the PM House colony where the new premier will stary all days of the week except Sundays which he will spend at Bani Gala residence.
Imran Khan, in his first address to the nation after assuming office, said: "I will live in the house of my military secretary. It’s a three-room residence. I will have only three servants. We will sell all the cars through auction.
We have decided to set up a committee of experts to decide what to do with governor houses. Nobody will live in governor house."
PM HOUSE TO BE MADE UNIVERSITY
The Prime Minister House will be converted into a top world-class university. We will also form a task form under Dr Ishrat Hussain to make suggestions to cut spending, he said.
People should realize that we have to change our mindset. We need a new mindset in Naya Pakistan. We have to save the money and spend it on the most underprivileged section of society.
No country can grow or progress through loans. The loan can be acquired for a short period. We cannot last forever through loans. When we get loans, we compromise our self-respect and integrity.
I will feel ashamed of begging for foreign countries for loans. Inshallah, I have to make the nation stand on its feet. We have to become a great nation. No nation can become great through begging bowls. We have to collect money.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019