India confiscates Farooq Abdullah's assets worth Rs118m in money laundering case
SRINAGAR – The Enforcement Directorate has attached assets worth Rs 11.86-crore of former puppet chief ministers and National Conference president Farooq Abdullah in connection with its money laundering probe in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
According to Kashmir Media Service, the investigating agency is probing money laundering case linked to financial irregularities in the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association and has pressed similar charges against a few others as well.
The agency has issued a provisional attachment order under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and the attached properties are located in Jammu and Srinagar.
In October this year, the ED had last questioned the NC leader in connection with the case, kicking up a political storm as parties called it a vendetta against the formation of an alliance to fight for the restoration of Article 370.
'Make no mistake': PM Imran warns the world over ... 06:22 PM | 20 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that if India was to be reckless enough to conduct a false flag ...
Meanwhile, the National Conference termed the attachment of Dr Farooq Abdullah's properties as "political vendetta meant to settle a political score."
In a joint statement, party Ali Muhammad Sagar, Nasir Aslam Wani, Devender Singh Rana, Mohammad Shafi, AR Rather, Choudhary Muhammad Ramzan, Mian Altaf, Mubarak Gul, Mohammad Akbar Lone, Hasnain Masoodi, SS Salathia, Ajay Sadhotra, and Qamar Ali Akhoon lambasted the series of attacks on the party leadership.
They said such acts were unwarranted and unjustified.
- PM Shehbaz Sharif leaves for Karachi on daylong visit today12:26 PM | 20 May, 2022
- In US, FM Bilawal Bhutto sheds light on Indian atrocities in occupied ...11:50 AM | 20 May, 2022
- PIA starts Karachi-Damascus direct flights this month11:25 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases pensions of national cricketers by Rs100,00010:50 AM | 20 May, 2022
- U Bank holds Polo Cup 202210:13 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022