'Missing' Jack Ma makes surprise appearance after months (VIDEO)
BEIJING – Billionaire entrepreneur and Alibaba former CEO Jack Ma has made his first public appearance on Wednesday after months of disappearance.
Earlier, the disappearance of Jack Ma raised many questions toward Chinese authorities as he was last seen in October 2020. A video of Jack Ma has been posted on social media, where he can be seen speaking to dozens of teachers in rural China for an award ceremony.
Jack Ma Yun, the English teacher turned entrepreneur and former executive chairman of #Alibaba, showed up at a rural teacher-themed social welfare event via video link on Wed, his first public appearance since Alibaba came under tougher regulatory scrutiny.https://t.co/VXywPHEeyv pic.twitter.com/DKCXhASIhu— Global Times (@globaltimesnews) January 20, 2021
After the surprise appearance of Jack Ma, the shares of Alibaba rise up more than 8 percent in a single day.
Ma's disappearance from public view since October has sparked different conspiracies about his whereabouts among many media outlets.
Where is Jack Ma? Chinese billionaire suspected ... 01:41 PM | 4 Jan, 2021
BEIJING – A slew of speculations about the missing of Chinese billionaire, founder of Alibaba, Jack Ma are ...
- Netizens figure out why Shaheen Afridi didn’t celebrate boom ...12:15 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Two Pakistan Navy employees martyred in Gwadar attack11:34 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-07- Updated ...10:45 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Two more goof-ups from the timeless ...08:00 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Engin Altan receives Indian Television Academy Award05:18 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021