Pronouncing three divorces in a sitting is un-Islamic : Clerics sought legislation
In a statement issued on Sunday, the members unanimously suggested that the government should legislate penalties for those who pronounce three divorces in a sitting as it was contrary to Islamic tenents.
Referring to a hadith of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him), the statement said that divorce was the most disliked of all the permissible acts in Islam.
TIU chairman Ziaul Haq Naqshbandi told a local newspaper that holy Prophet had denounced the quintessential practice of three divorces in a sitting and during Hazrat Umar’s rule (RA) men divorcing their wives in the same fashion were given harsh punishments.
He said the first two divorces could be revoked but the third could not.
- Dominant Pakistan rout host Indonesia 13-0 at Asia Hockey Cup10:44 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- No monkeypox case detected in Pakistan, says top health body09:54 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Humayun Saeed updates fans about upcoming series based on Salahuddin ...07:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold photos set internet on fire04:40 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022