Rats chew Rs1.2 million currency notes inside ATM
The ATM had been reported as being down since May 20, and technicians were called in to fix it. When they opened it up on June 11, they found only millions of pieces of shredded bills, reported India Times.
Bank officials claimed rodents nibbled notes worth Rs 12,38,000. The ATM is run by a Guwahati-based financial company named FIS, which had reportedly deposited Rs 29 lakh inside the machine on May 19.
A video doing rounds on social media shows ATM compartment laden with feces all over.
Really Size doesn’t matter!! What a rat this is! Rat-bitten bank notes worth Rs 12 lakh 38 thousand. Torn notes and dead rat found inside ATM in Tinsukia Assam. Rat found dead before little one could bite remaining Rs 17 lakh 10 thousand. pic.twitter.com/3Omns7gAZH— Nandan Pratim Sharma Bordoloi 🇮🇳 (@NANDANPRATIM) June 18, 2018
According to Tinsukia district Superintendent of Police, Mugdhajyoti Mahanta, the maintenance company had called its engineer from Kolkata to repair the ATM.
A police complaint has been filed and the incident is currently under investigation.
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021