Umar Akmal appeals against PCB ban
LAHORE – Test and Twenty20 cricketer Umar Akmal has appealed against his three years ban imposed by Pakistan Cricket Board's independent disciplinary panel, the PCB said.
Justice (retd) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan, the panel’s chairman, has imposed a ban of three years for each of the two charges of violating the PCB Anti-Corruption Code, which will be deemed to have come into effect from the date of Umar's suspension on February 20, 2020.
Both periods of ineligibility will run concurrently, meaning Umar will now become eligible to return to cricket activities on February 19, 2023.
Umar was banned for failing to report corrupt approaches before this year’s Pakistan Super League.
Umar Akmal banned from all forms of cricket 04:38 PM | 27 Apr, 2020
LAHORE - The disciplinary panel of the Pakistan Cricket Board Monday banned national team's middle-order batsman from ...
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Ex-SC judge to hear Umar Akmal’s appeal against PCB ban05:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 70,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,519 confirmed ...05:46 PM | 31 May, 2020
- E-Exhibition in the time of COVID-1905:33 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Al Aqsa mosque reopens after two months of closure over coronavirus05:12 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020