WHO decides to launch investigation into its COVID-19 response
GENEVA - World Health Organization (WHO) member states have agreed to launch an investigation into its coronavirus response.
At the annual meeting in Geneva, WHO member countries adopted a resolution calling for an "impartial, independent and comprehensive evaluation" of the international response and the measures taken by the agency.
Both the United States (US) and China voted for the resolution tabled by the European Union (EU).
Earlier, US President Donald Trump threatened to quit the UN agency and branded it a “puppet of China” and threatened to make permanent a temporary freeze on US funding to the UN agency.
In response, Beijing and Moscow accused the US of trying to damage the WHO for political ends.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020