WHO decides to launch investigation into its COVID-19 response
GENEVA - World Health Organization (WHO) member states have agreed to launch an investigation into its coronavirus response.
At the annual meeting in Geneva, WHO member countries adopted a resolution calling for an "impartial, independent and comprehensive evaluation" of the international response and the measures taken by the agency.
Both the United States (US) and China voted for the resolution tabled by the European Union (EU).
Earlier, US President Donald Trump threatened to quit the UN agency and branded it a “puppet of China” and threatened to make permanent a temporary freeze on US funding to the UN agency.
In response, Beijing and Moscow accused the US of trying to damage the WHO for political ends.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Punjab govt to celebrate Tiger Force Day on Aug 907:38 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020