President Dr Arif Alvi stresses to levy sin tax on cigarettes to discourage smoking
ISLAMABAD - President Dr Arif Alvi calls for concerted efforts to address the alarmingly increasing ratio of cancer cases in the country.
Addressing a function in Islamabad, which was held to spread awareness regarding cancer, he said the increasing ratio of breast cancer cases is still a challenge for Pakistan. He said breastfeeding can remarkably reduce the risks of breast cancer.
The President said the role of clerics is imperative to create awareness regarding breast cancer.
He said lady health workers can play an important role to aware the people about principles of health at grass-root level. He urged the community to overcome the taboos associated with diseases especially the breast cancer, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The President stressed the need to levy a sin tax on cigarettes to discourage smoking.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020