President Dr Arif Alvi stresses to levy sin tax on cigarettes to discourage smoking
ISLAMABAD - President Dr Arif Alvi calls for concerted efforts to address the alarmingly increasing ratio of cancer cases in the country.
Addressing a function in Islamabad, which was held to spread awareness regarding cancer , he said the increasing ratio of breast cancer cases is still a challenge for Pakistan . He said breastfeeding can remarkably reduce the risks of breast cancer .
The President said the role of clerics is imperative to create awareness regarding breast cancer .
He said lady health workers can play an important role to aware the people about principles of health at grass-root level. He urged the community to overcome the taboos associated with diseases especially the breast cancer , the Radio Pakistan reported.
The President stressed the need to levy a sin tax on cigarettes to discourage smoking.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019