Punjab closes brick kilns in 18 districts for one month to combat smog
According to media reports, old technology based brick kilns will remain closed from November 20 to December 20 in 18 districts of the Punjab province.
Punjab Environmental Protection Department has issued a notification in this regard, according to which the old technology based brick kilns in 18 districts of the province including Lahore, Sheikhupura, Kasur, Faisalabad, Chiniot, Okara, Sahiwal, Multan, Nankana Sahib, Narowal, Sargodha, Jhang, Vehari, Hafizabad, Pakpattan, Gujranwala and Sialkot will remain closed.
The notification has been dispatched to Commissioners of 18 Districts, RPOs, Deputy Commissioners and CPOs, DPOs, Environmental Protection Department officers and President of All Pakistan Brick Owners Association to ensure the implementation of the orders.
Only zigzag technology brick kilns have been allowed to operate in the province in order to control the rising ratio of worsening smog .
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019