Punjab closes brick kilns in 18 districts for one month to combat smog
According to media reports, old technology based brick kilns will remain closed from November 20 to December 20 in 18 districts of the Punjab province.
Punjab Environmental Protection Department has issued a notification in this regard, according to which the old technology based brick kilns in 18 districts of the province including Lahore, Sheikhupura, Kasur, Faisalabad, Chiniot, Okara, Sahiwal, Multan, Nankana Sahib, Narowal, Sargodha, Jhang, Vehari, Hafizabad, Pakpattan, Gujranwala and Sialkot will remain closed.
The notification has been dispatched to Commissioners of 18 Districts, RPOs, Deputy Commissioners and CPOs, DPOs, Environmental Protection Department officers and President of All Pakistan Brick Owners Association to ensure the implementation of the orders.
Only zigzag technology brick kilns have been allowed to operate in the province in order to control the rising ratio of worsening smog .
- EU to challenge China-US trade agreement at WTO12:02 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Kashmir issue is not an internal affair of India, says FM Quresh11:24 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ariana Grande being sued for copyright over hit single '7 Rings' by ...03:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019