Ahmadi doctor shot dead in Nankana
SHEIKHUPURA – A teenage boy on Friday killed a doctor belonging to the Ahmadi community, besides injuring his father and two uncles in Nankana Sahib district.
Police said that the Ahmadi family was offering prayer at their home located in Murh Balochan area when they heard a knock at the door.
The suspect opened fired on deceased Dr Tahair Mahmood, 31, when he opened the door. After hearing the gunshots, other family members rushed towards the door.
The boy also opened fire on them, leaving doctor’s father named Tariq and two uncles – Saeed and Tayyib – injured.
The assailant was caught by nearby residents.
Dr Tahir’s father is said to be in critical condition while his uncles are also being treated in the hospital.
Police have arrested the suspect who has “confessed to attacking the Ahmaid family over religious differences”.
Further investigation has been launched to check whether the teenage boy was motivated by someone or he took the step on his own.
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020