COVID-19: Punjab bans Youm-e-Ali processions
LAHORE – The Punjab Government has imposed ban on Youm-e-Ali processions and seclusion of Itikaf across the province due to increase in the spread of COVID-19 epidemic.
According to a notification issued by the government, ban has been imposed on processions on account of Youm-e-Ali which is observed on 21st of the holy month Ramazan to commemorate the martyrdom of Hazrat Ali.
The government, however, allowed holding of Majalis in Imam Bargahs and houses while issuing the standard operating procedures (SOPs) which are to be strictly observed.
According to SOPs, the Majalis can be continued for a maximum of one hour. In case of non-compliance with SOPs, the organizers of the Majalis will be held accountable.
The ban will also apply to the Itikaf ritual.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020