PPP’s Raza Rabbani opposes open voting in Senate elections
KARACHI – Former Chairman Senate Raza Rabbani has opposed the new electoral reforms introduced by the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf (PTI) government.
As per the details, Raza Rabbani has opposed the government move on a constitutional amendment for election in Senate through a show of hands-on technical grounds.
Responding to the Prime Minister recommendations, PPP stalwart Raza Rabbani suggested that instead of an open vote, the name of the voter as a member of the provincial assembly be written on the ballot paper.
Earlier Prime Minister announced to move a constitutional amendment in the parliament to elect new senator member through a “show of hands” instead of a secret ballot to ensure transparency including electronic voting and a separate system for overseas Pakistanis.
Pakistan to introduce e-voting system to ensure ... 04:57 PM | 17 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has announced to introduce electronic voting system to ensure utmost ...
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021