Punjab bans all public gatherings, indoor weddings
LAHORE – The Punjab government on Friday notified a ban on all public gatherings and indoor weddings amid the rise of new coronavirus cases.
Punjab Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department issued the notification and the order was approved by Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar.
The notice cites that outdoor marriages and events will be allowed with an upper limit of 300 people. It stated that all wedding hall owners and residents are obliged to follow SOPs given by the government. Wearing facemasks has been made mandatory.
The notice will come into effect from November 20(today) and will last till January 31, 2021.
Earlier the National Coordination Committee has announced an immediate ban on large gatherings including political rallies of more than 300 persons as coronavirus cases continue to rise in the country.
Pakistan reports 36 deaths, 2,738 new cases amid ... 10:51 AM | 20 Nov, 2020
LAHORE – Pakistan on Friday has reported 36 deaths and 2,738 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours. As ...
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021