Schools, colleges to remain open amid Covid-19 spike
ISLAMABAD – Meeting led by federal minister Shafqat Mehmood on Monday decided not to close schools, colleges and universities amid rise in new coronavirus cases.
Punjab Minister for School Education Dr Murad Raas said that the decision about the closure of educational institutions in the province has been deferred till next week (November 23).
Murad issued the statement after attending the inter-provincial meeting of the education ministers at the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC).
No decision made on closure of Schools in Punjab today. Next meeting will be on Monday 23rd November, 2020 for further review of the COVID 19 situation. All options are being discussed. No immediate decision for now.— Murad Raas (@DrMuradPTI) November 16, 2020
“The educational institutions will not be closed down”, the education ministers were quoted as saying.
The meeting will hold next week to analyse the prevailing situation to decide the fate of educational institutions.
Earlier, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah tested positive for Covid-19, the reports said on Monday.
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah tests ... 10:28 AM | 16 Nov, 2020
KARACHI – Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has been infected with coronavirus and has quarantined himself. In ...
- Babar Azam adds another feather to cap; becomes second fastest 6,000 ...10:44 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-11-Updated ...09:55 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan records 5,050 new Covid-19 cases, 114 deaths in a day09:44 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Hania Aamir looks adorbale in kurta-shorts pics12:03 AM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani drama to be aired in Turkey soon, says Faisal Javed Khan10:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Fawad Alam wants to work with Mahira Khan, Mehwish Hayat after ...07:01 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021