Pakistan reports 52 new deaths from COVID-19 in last 24 hours
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan recorded 52 more deaths due to coronavirus infection during the last 24 hours, the National Command Operation Center said on Friday.
Official figures showed that as many as 1,579 new positive cases were reported in the country during the same period.
With the latest casualties, the death toll reached 13,128. As many as 556,000 patients, however, recovered from the virus.
There are 17,177 active cases of COVID-19 across the country.
Meanwhile, Pakistan's drug regulator has approved two coronavirus vaccines - China's Sinopharm and Russia's Sputnik V - for people above 60 years of age.
Until now, the Sinopharm vaccine was being administered to people up to the age of 60 years, however, it would now be used to inoculate citizens above 60 years of age too.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021