Wikileaks reveals shocking information about occupied Kashmir
According to leaked diplomatic cables, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) had briefed US officials in 2005 that Indian security forces were using torture methods such as electrocution, physical and sexual abuse against detainees, Geo News reported.
A US diplomatic cable written years ago concluded the Indian government condoned the torture of freedom-seeking Kashmiris held in detention centres in Occupied Jammu and Kashmir as a way of obtaining confessions.
The cables say officials of the Red Cross briefed the United States about the alleged torture.
A detailed report was dispatched to Washington according to which those being tortured were civilians. ICRC interviewed over 1,200 detainees and 681 said there were tortured.
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 January 202208:42 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Setting a new standard for smartphones in our changing world11:32 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- 11 Pakistani films to be screened at Dubai Expo Film Festival05:14 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021