Meera stuck in COVID-hit New York, asks PM Khan for help
Meera, a month earlier, had gone to America for the shooting of her film “Long Distance”.
NEW YORK - Pakistani controversial film star Meera Jee has appealed to Prime Minister Imran Khan to arrange for her repatriation, as she is left helpless in America where coronavirus has taken thousands of lives. In a video message sent to local daily publication "The News", a troubled Meera said that her Chinese cameraman has died and she is stranded without help from anyone.
Meera, a month earlier, had gone to America for the shooting of her film ‘Long Distance.’ “It is 2:00am in New York City and I am confined in my room and addressing you (PM Imran). I had come to New York with several artists including Humayun Saeed for the shooting of a film and show. My colleagues have gone back to Pakistan but I am stuck in New York,” Meera said.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020