'BRT would be functional in April'
ISLAMABAD - Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information Shaukat Ali Yousafzai said on Friday that Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) would be operational in April, the opposition must stop playing politics over BRT project as Peshawar BRT was entirely updated and advanced than Lahore BRT project.
Talking to a private news channel he said Lahore BRT was built in 2011 and was a second-generation project but Peshawar BRT was the third-generation project and with more advanced technologies, moreover, there were other developmental programs in process in the province so the 4 billion funds were not only for BRT.
Opponents were creating propaganda that BRT had swallowed 70 billion despite knowing that Peshawar BRT was far better in all aspects than Lahore BRT, he said.
The estimated fund was needed to complete all the developmental projects in the province except BRT but definitely BRT would need more fund to be executed in time, replying to a question he said.
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020