'Proud' Islamabad café owners apologise over 'gup shup' with manager amid criticism
ISLAMABAD – The owners of Cannoli by Cafe Soul have issued a strong worded apology after receiving a massive criticism over a viral video of their 'elitist' attitude towards an employee.
In an Instagram post, the cafe owners stated that the public "had misconstrued their banter" with Awais Aftab, the manager of the eatery.
In the video, Uzma Chaudary and Dia Haider can be seen making fun of the restaurant manager who failed to impress the 'bored' owners with his 'not-so-cool' language skills.
“This video depicts the gup shup between us as a team, and is never meant or taken in a hurtful or negative way. If anyone was hurt or offended we apologise, however that was never our intention,” the Cannoli post read.
View this post on Instagram
“We are not required to prove or defend ourselves as kind employers. Our team has been with us for a decade, that should speak for itself. We are proud Pakistanis who love our language and our culture."
The statement added that the owners are "not required" to prove anything or defend themselves as kind employers.
"Our team has been with us for a decade, that should speak for itself," it read.
"We are proud Pakistanis who love our language and our culture," the owners added.
#BoycottCannoli – Twitter lashes out at ... 04:56 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
Netizens are schooling the owners of Cannoli by Cafe Soul after their video of mocking their manager for speaking ...
However, it did not go well with the social media users who urged the owners to "also apologize for the apology they have posted for the video."
The owners of Cannoli issued a formal statement after the video went viral in which they were making fun of their manager for having poor English skills.— Architect Mubashir Tahir (@ArchitectMubas2) January 21, 2021
Funny !How ruthlessly they made someone feel ashamed, feel them vulnerable. And then push a Sorry. #BoycottCannoli pic.twitter.com/zul1z06c6Z
cannoli apology pic.twitter.com/3xBDH6fKf5— Shuja (@JaaliPasha) January 21, 2021
''We are saddened and appalled by the reaction of the people, how they have misconstrued our "banter" with a team member." eh banter aey..? fittey mounh tuwaadi jahalat da..!— Ajmal Jami (@ajmaljami) January 21, 2021
Sorry but #LakhDeLaanat eho jayi apology tay..! #CannoliByCafeJahalat https://t.co/p4cOBzlky2
Wish the Cannolisers had never apologised pic.twitter.com/B37GQETOvD— Hamna Zubair (@hamnazubair) January 21, 2021
The viral video was posted on the Instagram page of the restaurant but it was later removed after receiving extreme backlash.
What a Shame! Islamabad café owners mock, ... 11:08 AM | 21 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Two of the owners of Cannoli by Cafe Soul, a high-end restaurant in the federal capital, are under ...
- Pakistan-Morocco’s first-ever joint military drills concludes in ...02:11 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan name 12-man squad for T20 World Cup opener against India01:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani cabbie released after spending 17 years at Guantanamo Bay ...01:08 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reaches milestone of administering 100mn Covid jabs11:56 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Teen girl ‘gang-raped, filmed’ by rickshaw driver, accomplice in ...11:29 AM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Madam Noor Jehan's family responds to Ali Azmat's remarks04:44 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021