PIA raises airfares by upto 57% for special flights from UAE
DUBAI – Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has massively raised airfares for special repatriation flights from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with effect from June 22 (Monday).
The fares have been hiked by upto 57 percent. The flights have been restarted to repatriate Pakistanis stranded in emirate following coronavirus outbreak.
Consul General of Pakistan in Dubai Ahmed Amjad, according to Khaleej Times, said that the national carrier has surged “its fare from Dubai to Peshawar and Punjab to Dh1,470 for economy class and Dh2,200 for business class. For Karachi, PIA has hiked airfares to Dh1,270 for economy and Dh1,900 for business class".
Earlier, the PIA was charging Dh1,110 for an economy class ticket to Punjab and Peshawar, and Dh810 for Karachi.
The national flag carrier has so far operated 105 flights through which 22,000 Pakistanis were repatriated from the UAE.
The officials further said that around 18 to 20 special flights will be operated from Dubai until June 27 for repatriation of netizens.
He has also requested passengers not to purchase PIA's Dubai flight tickets from any travel agents they are not authorized for it.
- OPPO launches the stellar more fun, more experience OPPO A11K – A ...08:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020