LHC disqualifies Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi as MPA
“Responsibility has fallen on my shoulders, now I am representative of all the people of Jhang,” Jhangvi had said after his election two years ago. “I consider everybody to be human, and I want peace in Jhang and in Punjab.”
Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi reveals drastic change in ... 11:45 PM | 21 Dec, 2016
JHANG - Revealing a drastic change in himself, Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi has said that he had become more moderate after ...
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, a militant outfit was named after Masroor’s father.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) announced the verdict on the petition filed by Muzaffar Abbas, who contended that the lawmaker was involved in six different cases hence not eligible to be a member of the provincial assembly.
The 31-year-old has also been included in a list of people, suspected of having ties with militants, under Fourth Schedule of Anti-Terrorism Act 2017.
Jhangvi's father, Haq Nawaz Jhangvi, was a fierce cleric who founded the now proscribed Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan, before being assassinated in 1990.
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- 19-year-old Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to summit ...11:24 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Karachi cops told to halt crackdown against unvaccinated citizens10:49 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021