LHC disqualifies Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi as MPA
“Responsibility has fallen on my shoulders, now I am representative of all the people of Jhang,” Jhangvi had said after his election two years ago. “I consider everybody to be human, and I want peace in Jhang and in Punjab.”
Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi reveals drastic change in ... 11:45 PM | 21 Dec, 2016
JHANG - Revealing a drastic change in himself, Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi has said that he had become more moderate after ...
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, a militant outfit was named after Masroor’s father.
The Lahore High Court (LHC) announced the verdict on the petition filed by Muzaffar Abbas, who contended that the lawmaker was involved in six different cases hence not eligible to be a member of the provincial assembly.
The 31-year-old has also been included in a list of people, suspected of having ties with militants, under Fourth Schedule of Anti-Terrorism Act 2017.
Jhangvi's father, Haq Nawaz Jhangvi, was a fierce cleric who founded the now proscribed Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan, before being assassinated in 1990.
- Seven family members go missing after car swept away by flood in Sindh11:32 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 578 news cases, two deaths in last 24 hours10:46 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police get Shahbaz Gill’s custody after hours-long ...09:16 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Meera shares 'words of wisdom' with fans09:06 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Naseebo Lal rocks the audience at US concert08:44 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022