ECP approves opposition parties’ application for hearing foreign Funding case on daily basis
According to the details, two members of the ECP presided over the hearing and accepted the application as Chief Election Commission (CEC) Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan was not available at the office.
“We request for daily basis hearing of the case and be decided at the earliest during the term of Chief Election Commissioner,” the opposition parties said in their plea.
Rehbar Committee’s convener Akram Khan Durrani of the JUI-F, PPP-Parliamentarians secretary general Farhatullah Babar, PPP secretary general Nayyar Hussain Bukhari, PML-N secretary general Ahsan Iqbal, Mian Iftikhar Hussain of the Awami National Party, Mohammad Shafiq Pasroori of the Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadith, Usman Kakar of the Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party and Tahir Bizenjo of the National Party signed the application that was addressed to the CEC.
Yesterday, talking to media outside the Election Commission Office, the opposition's Rehbar Committee demanded ECP to hear the case regarding scrutiny of ruling Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf's (PTI) foreign funds.
Akbar S. Babar, one of the founding members of PTI , had moved the petition before the ECP in 2014 and alleged that around $3 million were collected by the party through its two offshore companies and that money was sent through illegal hundi channels from the Middle East to the accounts of various PTI leaders.
In October, the ECP rejected four applications moved by PTI seeking secrecy regarding the scrutiny of its foreign funding sources. Last year in March, a scrutiny committee was made to complete an audit of PTI 's funding sources in one month. However, its mandate was later extended for an indefinite period.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019