Uri attack: Militants locked Indian soldiers in cook house and store, says investigation team
The attack by four gunmen took place Sunday in the town of Uri, Baramulla district of India-administered Kashmir, leaving 18 soldiers dead and several others seriously injured.
Officials of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), told Indian Express, the majority of the fatalities took place in a cook-house and store room which burned down during the attack.
"The two buildings, sources said, had been bolted from outside to prevent those inside from escaping before being set on fire, suggesting that the terrorists had a high degree of knowledge about their targets", the newspaper reported.
Until now, little hard evidence has emerged to link the perpetrators of the terror attack in Uri to specific jihadist groups in Pakistan, NIA officials said.
The GPS set, Army sources said, was too badly damaged during the fighting for data to be recovered.
NIA chief Sharad Kumar reached the attack site Tuesday and was briefed on the manner in which the attack was carried out and the evidence recovered from the site so far.
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in N Waziristan operation: ...11:24 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Six arrested for chanting 'Pakistan Zindabad' in New Delhi (VIDEO)10:41 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021