Why did India bury Uri millitants just one day after the attack? Ex-Indian air force officer raises serious questions
“It appears the burials were done hurriedly. There should be a consistency template in handling bodies after such attacks,” strategic affairs expert and air vice marshal (retd) Kapil Kak said.
The Uri attackers were buried in a graveyard close to the northern Kashmir army camp. Typically, militants are buried at Kitchama, which is close to the Line of Control and 25km from Uri, according to the last rites could have been deferred, given the bodies of Pathankot attackers were preserved for some time, Kak said.
Read More: Why the Uri attack is highly suspicious
The bodies of the men who struck the Pathankot airbase in January were kept in a morgue for four months, while the five-member suicide squad that attacked Parliament in 2001 got burials after a month. In both the cases, India asked Pakistan to accept the bodies and carried out the last rites after Islamabad failed to respond, he pointed out.
The bodies were charred and had begun to stink, police gave the excuse. “There was no facility to store the bodies in Uri. We handed the bodies to the local wakf for burial,” a police official said.
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Yemen's Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia village04:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021