Qatar Airways flight narrowly escapes mid-air disaster near Peshawar
Soon after takeoff, the pilot of QR-601, which departed for Doha at 10 am contacted the control tower and made a mayday call seeking a clear runway for emergency landing, complaining that smoke had filled the cabin.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA’s) fire and medical departments and others dealing with emergency situations had soon converged at the spot.
All the passengers on board were safely evacuated after the safe landing, and no injuries were reported.
According to CAA, the plane was filled with smoke, probably from the engines.
CAA staff and engineers immediately checked the plane for technical issues and will take off for the nearest possible facility, Muscat International Airport, for further maintenance.
The BKIA has been accommodating passengers from across the province as this is the only international facility in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022