New Zealand makes arrests over KFC meals smuggling
KUALA LUMPUR — Police in New Zealand have arrested two suspects for attempting to enter locked-down Auckland with a trunk stashed with Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) meals.
Media reports said that police nabbed the pair after noticing their suspicious vehicle and recovered a large quantity of KFC takeaways along with US$70,000 (RM293,335) in cash and other items.
Photos shared by the security officials show at least three buckets of chicken, a large package of fries, and four bags full of KFC goodies.
Police said that the suspects were coming from Hamilton, around 120 kilometres away from Auckland, which is under strict lockdown to control Covid-19 spread.
Both men, who are said to be part of a gang, will be produced before the court for violating the New Zealand Health Order and further charges will also be imposed in the case.
According to New Zealand’s Covid-19 Public Health Response Act, the suspect could face up to six months imprisonment and a fine over smuggling attempts.
- The Redefined XOS10 Starts the New Journey on Intelligence and Visual ...12:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan draws up contingency plan as TLP resumes march on Islamabad10:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Army’s focus stays on enhancing standard functionality ...10:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Young army officer’s murder remains shrouded in mystery09:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:32 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021