57 killed, over 100 injured in suicide attack on Kabul election centre
According to the Ministry of Interior Spokesperson Najib Danish, the explosion happened at an ID distribution and voter registration centre at about 10 am.
Kabul's acting police chief, Mohammad Daoud Amin also confirmed the incident and said that a suicide bomber detonated his explosives in the doorway of the offices.
At least 24 Afghan soldiers killed in Taliban ... 12:16 AM | 11 Mar, 2018
KABUL - At least 24 members of the Afghan security forces have been killed in a Taliban attack in the western province ...
Voter registration centres have been set up across Afghanistan in preparation for long-delayed parliamentary elections due to be held in October.
Election officials have acknowledged that security is a major concern as the Taliban and other militant groups control or contest large area of the country.
Afghan police and troops forces have been tasked with protecting polling centres, even as they struggle to get the upper hand against militants on the battlefield.
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- US state secretary discusses Afghanistan drawdown plan with Pakistan ...05:11 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman, Shaheen Afridi reach career-best ODI rankings04:51 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Sami Khan tests positive for COVID-1903:05 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Atif Aslam set to release a new naat this Ramadan03:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Saba Qamar spends quality time with family post her breakup02:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021